What to expect
If you are passionate about animals and animal welfare and looking for a unique and worthwhile way to contribute, this rewarding volunteer position could be for you. As a Volunteer Laundry Assistant, you are responsible for ensuring all areas of the shelter have clean linen, bedding, towels and anything else required to provide a clean and comfortable environment for our animals. Whether it is an animal that has been subjected to abuse and cruelty, a stray or lost or recently surrendered animal, this role is truly pivotal to the effective operation of the shelter. Whilst this role is not the most exciting in comparison to some of the other roles available, it is essential.
What are the benefits?
- Opportunity to gain knowledge of the how the RSPCA operates.
- Working in a friendly team and meeting new people
- The opportunity to make a difference and know you are keeping our animals comfortable
What are the tasks?
- Sorting all laundry items to be washed and loading the washing machines
- Discarding heavily soiled, damaged or ripped items
- Hanging washed items on the lines to dry
- Folding and putting away clean laundry ready for use
- Washing and drying ‘special’ items such as dog beds, toys, leads and collars
What skills and characteristics do I need?
- Good team work
- Committed hard worker
- Physically fit and able to lift 10kg
- Good communication skills
When can I volunteer?
The position is available any day from Monday to Sunday with flexible start and finish times.
PLEASE NOTE: As part of volunteering with us you will be required to purchase an RSPCA Volunteer T-shirt for $25. It is also a requirement that before handling animals at the RSPCA you have an up to date Tetanus vaccination.
For further information, please contact our Townsville Volunteer Program Support Team on email@example.com, or APPLY NOW below.