What to expect
This rewarding role would suit applicants who are passionate about animals and dedicated to improving their welfare; and who are passionate about helping the RSPCA achieve their goals of helping animals, enlightening people and changing lives. In this role you will provide vital help to all creatures great and small by assisting the Events team in coordinating Queensland-based community fundraising activities.
What are the benefits?
- Have the satisfaction of using your valuable skills and experience to support the RSPCA and to give back to the community
- Be part of a great team of people
- Opportunity to learn new and valuable event management skills in a professional environment
What are the tasks?
- Assisting in all aspects of event production and administration for key fundraising events such as the Million Paws Walk, Pop Up Adoptions, Cupcake Day etc
- Preparing kits, collateral, information and host packs for event/fundraising participants
- Assisting with mailouts (includes data referencing, folding letters, hand writing), emails and telefundraising
- Updating external event web listings
- Updating mailout database for all RSPCA events
- Liaising with fundraisers to assist them with their event or gain information
- Event research – for a specific event, for places to market or looking at other charity events
- Event evaluations – ie. Survey response collating
- Packing items for use at events
- Replenishing fundraising chocolate supplies across the Wacol Animal Care Campus
- Providing general support to the Events Team as required
- Liaising with both internal and external stakeholders to help them engage in events and community fundraising where appropriate
- General data entry tasks as required
- Provide assistance and ongoing guidance and support for community fundraisers - both individuals and community groups
What skills and characteristics do I need?
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Excellent administration, planning and organisation skills
- Able to meet deadlines
- Attention to detail and able to accurately follow instructions
- Enjoy working in a team environment
When can I volunteer?
- Various vacancies Monday to Friday 9am - 1pm and 1pm - 5pm
- We request a minimum commitment of 1 x four hour shift per week for a minimum of 3 months. Orientation and animal training will be required.
PLEASE NOTE: As part of volunteering with us you will be required to purchase an RSPCA Volunteer T-shirt for $25. It is also a requirement that before handling animals at the RSPCA you have an up to date Tetanus vaccination.
For further information, please contact our Brisbane Volunteer Coordinator on 3426 9915 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or APPLY NOW below.