Whether an animal has been surrendered, neglected, abandoned, lost, is unwanted, sick or injured, our centres throughout Queensland provide all creatures great and small a safe and comfortable place to stay while they receive the care and attention they need, and deserve.
At RSPCA Qld, we have close working relationships with councils, rescue groups and other welfare organisations, which positions us to give even more animals a second chance of finding a forever home, and to re-unite even more lost animals with their owners.
Over the past year, RSPCA Qld provided over 1 million animal care days. If you start to look at the number of meals, the amount of laundry, the number of walks - it is truly amazing the time that has been given by over 250 staff and over 3000 volunteers, foster carers, rescue groups and wildlife carers.
- RSPCA Qld cared for 44,639 animals
- Live release rate of 83% compared to 76% the previous year
- 14,064 Wildlife patients statewide
- 7000 animals were placed in Foster Care
- The call centre answered 303,213 calls
- Lost and Found - Over 12,904 animals have been returned to their owners safely across Queensland
- 18,332 animal cruelty complaints and neglect calls were received
- 2,000 Queenslanders joined our monthly giving program, RSPCA Companions, taking our total Companion numbers to 6,000!
- Over 1500 enrolments for animal training – also attended seminars to over 500 Logan City Council residents as part of our joint partnership promoting responsible pet management
- 27,517 Animal Rescue calls received