Jim was the CEO of TriCare, one of Australia’s leading aged care and retirement village providers. On completion of his contract he commenced a successful career consulting to some of the largest and best known aged and retirement living providers including Stockland, FKP and Grant Thornton.
Jim has provided policy advice to Federal and State Governments. He sits on the Health and Community Services Industry Standing Committee and is the President of Carers Queensland ( a leading NFP advocacy organisation) and Eden in OZ & NZ. He has been a Director of the RSPCA Qld Board since March 2013.
- Nationally recognised EBA with unique competencies and productivity improvements unknown in the sector to that time
- Joint-venture (with Macquarie Bank) for the largest and one of the most complex aged care acquisitions in Australian history - the Salvation Army facilities in Victoria, SA, WA and Tasmania.
- First provider in Australia to self-insure staff outside the State Work Cover regime.
- Assisted the Lord Mayor to establish the Brisbane City Council Retirement Village Task Force which achieved significant changes to the planning and development process
- Winner 2005 Public Relations Institute Gold Award for the most successful communications challenge
- Top 5% National EBITDA performer; GT Industry Survey 2006/07 and 2007/08
- Industry advisor to the Reserve Bank of Australia
Jim has testified before Senate and Parliamentary Committees, the Queensland Industrial Relations Commission, the Productivity Commission and has extensive media experience.
Prior to his aged care career, Jim had a successful career in commercial banking culminating in the role of Area Manager for Westpac/AGC in 1995.