Hi, I’m Cosmo
I'm Cosmo, a sweet and friendly boy looking for my forever home and human/s. I'm done with living and sleeping rough, so I was relieved when I was picked up from the streets and brought to the shelter. Unfortunately life on the streets gave me FIV but I'm now medically cleared to move on to my next phase in life - indoors, safe from harm and with lots of TLC and good food, and a comfy spot to snooze the days away in safety. My FIV status is a medical indemnity meaning that I really must live indoors only, so I can't pass on this condition to other cats, and I must be your only kitty... (unless you already have one afflicted with the same condition).
** Special Adoption **
I have been diagnosed with FIV (Feline Immunodeficiency Virus) and require a very special home that is going to make sure I am not put at risk so I can live a long happy life and not risk the safety of other cats.
My new adopter MUST;
- Have no other cats in the household OR only house with another cat that has an FIV positive status.
- Agree to always keep the cat indoors or in a secure enclosure, such as a Catmax.
- Understand that FIV is transmissible to other cats.
- Allowing the animal to roam will not only put their health and wellbeing at risk but also other non infected cats that may come in contact with them.
- Have a property check prior to adopting
We recommend having a chat to your local vet about FIV to make sure you fully understand the virus.
If you think you have a place in your home and in your heart for me, then please fill out an adoption application today! https://www.rspcaqld.org.au/expression-of-interest-to-adopt
Adoption Price $165
- A property check may be required before ADOPTION to ensure the safety and welfare of adoption animals. Rental agreements allowing pets will be required for adoptions into rental properties. Differential pricing may apply.
- The website is live and updates frequently, there is a chance that by the time you have completed the Apply to Adopt form the animal you have an interest in might have been adopted by another party.
- While our shelters are open, not every pet available for adoption will be onsite and available in person. To express your interest, Apply to Adopt online and if it's a perfect match you will be shortlisted and contacted via phone by our Adoption Team to discuss the animal in detail.