RSPCA Queensland is a non-government, community-based charity dedicated to improving the lives of domestic, farmed, and native animals in Queensland. Our mission statement is simple but powerful: Together We Change Lives.
About the role
You will provide vital help to all creatures great and small by ensuring that the health and welfare needs of all animals in the care of RSPCA Qld are met and are of the highest practical standards. Your role will require you to work as part of a dynamic team within the veterinary clinic and surgery.
- Be a part of a wonderful team of people committed to animal welfare.
- Nurse animals in the direct care of Veterinary Services, ensuring they are kept comfortable, medicated and fed.
- Prepare animals for surgery.
- Perform routine medical and laboratory tests.
- Assist the veterinarians in treating animals.
- Triage incoming animals.
- Assist potential adopters with enquiries.
- Perform daily cleaning and maintenance duties.
- Assist with emergency surgeries.
- Work in a 24 hours hospital with rotating roster.
Who are we looking for?
- A Certificate IV in Veterinary Nursing (or Australian recognised equivalent).
- Previous surgical nursing and emergency and critical care experience with companion animals would be highly regarded.
- The ability to work autonomously.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A passion to improve the lives of animals and a commitment to achieving the long term goals of RSPCA Qld.
This is a casual position based at our Wacol Animal Hospital. Working hours are across a 7-day roster, with weekend work and some night shifts will be required. Remuneration is as per the RSPCA Qld Enterprise Agreement for Veterinary Staff (Certificate IV qualified or equivalent) with a starting pay rate of $27.02 per hour plus 25% casual loading and superannuation.
Benefits and culture
- Health & Lifestyle benefits – Access to Lifeworks EAP, 6 weeks paid or 12 weeks half-paid Parental leave, Companion Animal leave, Study leave, Volunteer leave and other leave options.
- Free on-site parking, free animal adoption options, branded uniforms, discounts to the onsite World for Pets store and on-site café, free pet vaccines, 40% off Royal Canin pet food, coffee machine and much more!
- Salary packaging and novated lease arrangements on offer with our provider, Salary Packaging Australia.
- Access to a range of learning and development opportunities that will benefit and support you in your role.
- Countless opportunities to interact with the animals in our care.
- Be a part of a purpose driven organisation where the work you do really does have an impact on the welfare of animals.
How to apply
Please click here or visit www.seek.com.au and search using the keywords ‘Vet Nurse’, location ‘Wacol’ and follow the application instructions. Please include a copy of your resume and cover letter.
Please note: Due to Queensland Health regulations, it is a requirement that candidates possess a recognised Certificate IV in Vet Nursing to be eligible to apply for this role.