RSPCA Queensland is a non-government, community-based charity dedicated to improving the lives of domestic, farmed, and native animals in Queensland. Our mission statement is simple but powerful: Together We Change Lives.
About the role
You will provide excellent service to animal lovers across the wider Brisbane community. Your role will be critical in supporting a professional and empathetic pet cremation service reporting to the Business Development Representative.
- Assisting in cremation of animals.
- Transferring deceased animals from vet clinics and private residences, as part of the door-to-door personalised service from Pets at Rest Queensland.
- Providing outstanding customer service and contributing to a positive customer experience at a sensitive time in the customer’s life.
- Assisting with general cleaning, including cleaning of vehicles, equipment, and work areas.
- Assisting with other day-to-day tasks with the Pets at Rest Business.
Who are we looking for?
- Hold a manual open driver’s licence and excellent driving record (required).
- Professional and caring personality.
- Physically fit and able to lift heavy items including various sizes and weights from 10kg upwards.
- Professional presentation and excellent customer service skills.
- Reliable, punctual, and hardworking.
- Communication skills – verbal, written and computer.
- Team player who is eager to learn new skills.
- Ability to work with deceased animals.
This is a part time position, working min 20hours per week based at the Wacol Animal Care Campus. Ability to work regular weekends and early morning/late evening hours is required. Remuneration is as per the Road Transport and Distribution Award.
Benefits and culture
- Health & Lifestyle benefits – Access to Lifeworks EAP, 6 weeks paid or 12 weeks half-paid Parental leave, Companion Animal leave, Study leave, Volunteer leave and other leave options.
- Free on-site parking, free animal adoption options, branded uniforms, discounts to the onsite World for Pets store and on-site café, free pet vaccines, 40% off Royal Canin pet food, coffee machine and much more!
- Salary packaging and novated lease arrangements on offer with our provider, Salary Packaging Australia.
- Access to a range of learning and development opportunities that will benefit and support you in your role.
- Be a part of a purpose driven organisation where the work you do really does have an impact on the welfare of animals.
How to apply:
Are you great team player with a keen eye for detail, a strong self-starter with the ability to think outside the box and energised by an incredible purpose and passion to achieve the best outcomes for animals everywhere. If so, we would like to hear from you!
Please click here or visit www.seek.com.au and search using the keywords ‘Customer Care Assistant’, location ‘Wacol’ and follow the application instructions. Please include a copy of your resume and cover letter.
Applicants shortlisted for interview may be invited to attend a trial.