1. Consider the family, friends and charities that you would like to remember in your Will.
2. Choose the type of bequest you would like to leave. A “residual” gift (the remainder after other gifts have been fulfilled) will have the most impact. Your intended gift won't decrease in value over time.
3. Provide your solicitor with your chosen charities’ ABNs (RSPCA Queensland ABN 74 851 544 037), or use our sample wording in our Gift in Will information booklet.
4. Ensure your Will is legal and your wishes will be met by asking a solicitor or estate planner to prepare it. To find a solicitor you can search the Queensland Law Society website. The Public Trustee Queensland provides a free Will writing service or you can use a reputable Will service such as Safewill.
5. Help us to ensure your vision for the future is fulfilled by letting us know. Contact the Philanthropy Team for a confidential conversation on 07 3258 5645 or email directly [email protected].