The Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals Queensland (RSPCA Qld) is the state’s leading animal welfare charity, dedicated to improving the lives of all domestic, farmed and native animals throughout Queensland. Formed in 1883 in Queensland, animals have been turning to us for nearly 140 years. Read our history here.
RSPCA Queensland is a non-government, community based charity.
Caring for over 45,000 animals every year, RSPCA Queensland relies heavily on the generosity of animal lovers in the community to continue to provide lifesaving services to animals in need.
Our operations are 96% funded by donations from thoughtful Queenslanders, just like you.
In addition to caring for sick, injured and displaced domestic animals and wildlife, RSPCA Queensland is the only charity in the state with the power to prosecute animal cruelty and neglect under the Animal Care and Protection Act (2001).
Our mission statement is simple, but powerful: Together We Change Lives
There are many ways you can support the hardworking staff and volunteers at the RSPCA to help change lives.
How you can help
We currently have 10 Adoption Centres across Queensland, a Wildlife Hospital at Brisbane and Wildlife Rehabilitation Centre at Eumundi. We also adopt RSPCA cats from various Pet Barn locations across Queensland and at some of our RSPCA Op Shops and World for Pets stores. View our locations here.
Patron: Her Excellency the Honourable Dr Jeannette Young AC PSM, Governor of Queensland
Our promise to you
- Make a difference: Your passion for animal welfare will be reflected in our dedication and hard work
- Share: You will always know the impact of your gift and will have full access to RSPCA state and territory annual reports
- Listen: Your wishes and requests will be listened to and acted upon wherever possible
- Respect: Your relationship and interactions with us will be based on mutual respect
- Be Responsible: Your gifts will be used to fund the most vital work across the state
- Protect Your Information: Your personal information will never be sold or traded to other charity or organisations