Join us on the 4th and 5th of October, 2018 at the Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre for Animals in Focus!
You can view the full program here, or buy tickets now.
Some animal topics that will be covered across the two day conference include:
Stream 1 – Companion animal shelter, welfare and behaviour
- Beyond Labels: The True Impact of Live Release Rate and Intake Policies - Dr Roger Haston from PetsMart Charities.
- Improving outcomes for shelter cats – Dr Caroline Kerr.
- Dog behaviours post-shelter life. What problems can pop up after adoption? Studies from a New Zealand shelter – Dr Arnja Dale.
- When training is not enough – moods and mood disorders of pets - Dr Cam Day.
Stream 2 – Innovations in the farming industry
- New strategies in pain relief for farm animals – Dr Alison Small.
- Assessing the impact of new animal management technologies on welfare – Dr Caroline Lee.
- Improving the welfare of dairy cattle through sensible husbandry - Dr Andres Ardila.
Stream 3 – Human - Animal Interactions
- Animals in the service of health and mental health – Professor Nancy Pachana.
- Trek to Freedom: The Orangutans of Indonesia – Dr Karmele Llana Sanchez.
- Courting Controversy: Why we need to talk about bird feeding – Professor Darryl Jones.
- Prosecuting the usual and not so usual defendant - Ms Tracey Jackson.
Stream 4 - Conservation & Animal Welfare
- The hidden crisis of wild animal welfare – Dr Martin Taylor.
- Back to the future: using new technologies to improve wildlife conservation - Dr Julia Hoy.
- Sighthounds set on wildlife conservation - Ms La Toya Jamieson.
To purchase your ticket visit, Animals in Focus.