The Ultimate Buddy Challenge is back, and due to the success of our first challenge earlier in the year, we’re aiming for bigger and better this time around!
We hope you like some of the improvements we’ve made to the challenge, making it easier for teams to get involved. Our last round of buddies helped to rehome over 800 animals. Just think what can be achieved when we work together in teams!
What is the Ultimate Buddy Challenge?
The Ultimate Buddy Challenge is an ambitious but exciting program to recruit an ambassador for every RSPCA animal in Queensland over a 6 week period.
If you love animals, and are eager to make a difference… WE WANT YOU!
By registering today you will be assigned one of many animals in Queensland RSPCA centres who are patiently waiting for a family to call their own. You will have big shoes to fill, as you’ll soon become the most important, and appreciated person in their life - the buddy they desperately need.
Their ULTIMATE BUDDY!
Over the next 6 weeks, you will be asked to do everything you can to help promote your new furry, feathery or scaly friend, in the hope of finding them a forever home. We’ll provide you with all the tools you need to promote your animal, and a checklist of ideas to get you started.
Your core mission is to promote your buddy and check off as many tasks on your checklist as possible. The more tasks you complete for your animal, the more points you’ll be awarded, and the more likely your RSPCA pet will find a new home! There are also some great prizes on offer for the top point scorers.
Some of the tasks you will be asked to complete for your buddy include:
- Share your buddy’s profile on social media, and download the Buddy Challenge profile picture to use on your Facebook page
- Download your buddy’s poster and hang it up at work, a shopping centre or at local markets
- Recruit a friend to sign up for the challenge
- Create a unique image or video clip to promote your buddy
- Think outside the box and look for new and exciting ways to promote your buddy
- Visit your buddy at an RSPCA shelter or drop off a treat for them. We just ask that you please call the shelter beforehand to ensure we have staff and volunteers available to help on the day and also to make sure the pet is on site as some may be in foster care, in transit between shelters, or even getting adopted!
- There are a range of awards and prizes on offer for the teams and individuals who go above and beyond for their buddy.
Please note that this is an awareness activity, and you are not required to take your assigned animal home. All animals in the challenge will remain at their RSPCA centre, and you are simply asked to promote them as best as you can.
Are you ready to join the RSPCA’s frontline of animal ambassadors? Sign up today and start saving lives!