It’s a timely reminder to do a spring clean, update your wardrobe and supporting your local charity organisations. You can get involved through donating good quality, unwanted goods or by becoming a part of the reuse, recycle and repurpose shopping movement. So see what gems you can find for a bargain at your local RSPCA op shop! All profits directly support animals in need.
Hannah Klose has a passion for pre-loved fashion, which is how her company Never Ever Pay Retail first started. This fashionista’s inspirational, on-trend wardrobe is 99 percent op shop finds, so we asked her to share with us her top 5 tips for a successful op shopping experience.
- Look at everything… leave no stone unturned! I often find op shop gold in the kids and mens clothing racks and even some incredible vintage pieces in the plus size section, as sizes have changed a lot over the years.
- Dress code… wear something easy to get changed in and out of to save on time. Avoid buttons at all costs! I usually wear a dress and slip on shoes for a ninja shopping experience.
- Have a vision of the look you want to create before hitting the op shops. It helps to flick through a fashion mag before you go so you know what’s on-trend and you’ll stay on track! I keep an op shop wish list in the notes section of my phone!
- Use your imagination… a lot of the garments just need a little TLC, a good clean and a few stitches here and there and they’re good to go again, so keep a look out for those rough diamonds. Or try a DIY project, like converting a men’s shirt into an off the shoulder top or dress… the sky is the limit!
- Follow your favourite op shops on Instagram so you can keep your finger on the pulse with their sales and special offers!
Here are some of Hannah's best RSPCA Op Shop Finds:
Brand new converse $35
Hannah in a brand new Indikah sleeveless trench - $12
Gucci shoulder bag $6